Mike Furgual from Progress Software Corporation recently commented on why he likes Solaris and Sun Studio.
Following versions of Progress OpenEdge RDBMS are available on Solaris 10.
- OpenEdge 10.1A (32-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC) with JVM 1.4.2 (32-bit)
- OpenEdge 10.1A (64-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC) with JVM 1.4.2 (32-bit)
- OpenEdge 10.0B (32-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC) with JVM 1.4.2_06 (32-bit)
- OpenEdge 10.0B (32-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC) with JVM 1.4.2_06 (32-bit)
- Progress 9.1E (32-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- Progress 9.1E (64-bit) on Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- Progress 9.1E (32-bit) on Solaris 10 (x64)
Should we work on a Performance Tuning document for Progress OpenEdge on Solaris 10? Your vote will influence that decision.
Comments
I have passed your comments to Progress Software Corporation. Lets hope for the best.
Solaris 10 on AMDx64 is being used in the enterprise. We need Progress support.
I need the demo of OpenEdge RDBMS by progress. Can any body help me to get it from any where.I will be so much thank full of him/her
Imtiaz Gill
imtiazahmadgill@hotmail.com
Not sure how your vote is going - but on the offchance that not many Progress / Solaris users have contacted you, I've posted a link to this page to the Progress Email Group (www.peg.com) DBA list. Hopefully you won't be too overwhelmed by any response to this. For the record - we're looking very seriously at upgrading Progress & Solaris next year so any tuning guide would be very useful for the testing phase of the project.
Tim
I was looking for soma information about tuning this products in a T2000/Solaris 10 environment but I dind´t find anything.
Does anybody have any information?
Regards
Ruben Bahntje
Ushuaia (The southern most city of the world :-)