DB2 V9.1 for Solaris 10 x64 (64-bit instance) is now available for download from IBM. (Functionally it is equivalent to DB2 V9.1 fixpack 1 for Solaris SPARC)
The Part Numbers for DB2 products on Solaris x64 are as follows:
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.1 for Solaris x86-64 Multilingual (C94Z2ML)
- DB2 Client V9.1 for Solaris x86-64 Multilingual (C94Z5ML)
- DB2 Runtime Client V9.1 Solaris x86-64 Multilingual (C94Z6ML)
- DB2 Workgroup Server Edition V9.1 Solaris X86-64 Multilingual (C94Z3ML)
- DB2 Express Edition V9.1 Solaris X86-64 Multilingual (C94Z4ML)
DB2 9 fixpack 1 supports ZFS zvols as raw devices. Supports Solaris Zones by way of "inheritance" which means DB2 9 has to be installed before creating zones (unlike DB2 V8.2). Supports only 64-bit Solaris platforms (SPARC,AMD64, EMT64) and only 64-bit DB2 instances.
Try it out!!!